Senior 3D Art Generalist
Senior | Marina Del Rey, CA
Our ideal candidate is an artist who is a highly creative, multi-talented person who wants be a part of close-knit development team. This artist will create a wide variety of 3D game content using 3DS Max. This person must thrive on working together with a small team which employs a rapid iteration methodology.
Every member of our team is involved in all aspects of our project’s creation. We believe that a small, focused, dedicated team of exceptional people can create exceptional games.
- Create high quality 3D assets that adhere to the art direction and style established for the project, within memory and framerate budgets.
- Work with art director, department leads, concept artists, designers to plan, layout, prototype, and implement the visual designs created for the game.
- Able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and world building.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create and implement assets within an established pipeline.
- 5+ years experience in the game industry, with at least one shipped title.
- Advanced 3D skills using 3DS Max, Maya, or XSI. Experience using 3DS Max is a plus.
- Highly proficient using Adobe Photoshop to create original textures.
- ZBrush or Mudbox experience.
- CryEngine and/or Unreal Engine experience, including terrain editing.
- Well-versed in real-time shader creation techniques using 3D software or proprietary level editing tools.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to continue learning.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
Nice to have
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.).
- Additional extensive experience using Unreal Engine 3.0 or 4.0.
- Knowledge of terrain editor World Machine is a plus.
- Knowledge of using Flow Graph in CryEngine or Kismet/BluePrint in Unreal Engine.
- Architectural or animation experience a plus.
- Experience creating character models, rigging, and skinning is a plus.