At The Workshop, we’re always looking for more uniquely talented individuals to add to our expert teams. We value unique voices, collaborative independent drive, and a lifelong urge to learn, grow, and express yourself through your work. Send us your resume and any relevant samples or portfolio links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior 3D Art Generalist
Senior | Marina Del Rey, CA
Our ideal candidate is an artist who is a highly creative, multi-talented person who wants be a part of close-knit development team. This artist will create a wide variety of 3D game content using 3DS Max. This person must thrive on working together with a small team which employs a rapid iteration methodology.
Every member of our team is involved in all aspects of our project’s creation. We believe that a small, focused, dedicated team of exceptional people can create exceptional games.
- Create high quality 3D assets that adhere to the art direction and style established for the project, within memory and framerate budgets.
- Work with art director, department leads, concept artists, designers to plan, layout, prototype, and implement the visual designs created for the game.
- Able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and world building.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create and implement assets within an established pipeline.
- 5+ years experience in the game industry, with at least one shipped title.
- Advanced 3D skills using 3DS Max, Maya, or XSI. Experience using 3DS Max is a plus.
- Highly proficient using Adobe Photoshop to create original textures.
- ZBrush or Mudbox experience.
- CryEngine and/or Unreal Engine experience, including terrain editing.
- Well-versed in real-time shader creation techniques using 3D software or proprietary level editing tools.
- Quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to continue learning.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
Nice to have
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.).
- Additional extensive experience using Unreal Engine 3.0 or 4.0.
- Knowledge of terrain editor World Machine is a plus.
- Knowledge of using Flow Graph in CryEngine or Kismet/BluePrint in Unreal Engine.
- Architectural or animation experience a plus.
- Experience creating character models, rigging, and skinning is a plus.
Senior | Marina Del Rey, CA
We’re looking for a talented artist to add to our animation team. The animator will be well-versed in all aspects of animation development, from cinematic cut-scenes to character animation. We are especially looking for someone with a keen technical acumen with experience in character rigging. Every member of our team is involved in all aspects of our project’s creation. We believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
- Create high quality 3D animations that adhere to the Art Direction and style established for the project
- Artists must be able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and migration across engines
- Work collaboratively with designers and engineers on a daily basis
- Experience rigging and animating with Biped in 3DS Max
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical animation
- 2 + years experience in the game industry
- At least one shipped title
- Strong demo reel showcasing your most recent work
Nice to have
- Experience with Crytek Engine strongly preferred
- Experience using the Unreal Engine 3 and Matinee
- Experience with rigging characters in 3DS Max
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc)
- BA, BFA or an equivalent professional certification
Mid-to-Senior level| Marina Del Rey, CA
The Workshop is looking for multiple Programmers at varying levels of experience. Work may include Graphics, Tools, Game Systems, Engine infrastructure, Optimization, and other areas. You must thrive in a small, tight team environment where each member holds a high degree of autonomy and accountability. You must be ready to shoulder any task as the need arises. You will be expected to hit the ground running, seek out areas of need and maximize your impact. If you are smart, disciplined, and a good team player, specific experience is secondary.
- BS – MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills, other languages a plus
- 5 years + programming experience, including game industry experience
- Have performed multi-disciplinary work with large-scale game engine architecture
- Experience with Xbox 360/PS3 generation consoles
- Shipped at least one game
- Respect for sound engineering principles, must be at ease working with the grain of existing code paradigms
- Strong math skills
- Rapid learner, able to absorb and understand complex systems
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for games and game technology
- Comfortable working closely with Designers, Artists, and other members of the development team in a highly iterative environment
- Prior work, personal or professional, that shows exceptional insight and skill of execution
- Able to work in the United States
Nice to have
- PS4/Xbox One knowledge
- Low-level hardware experience